MEDICAL ATTENTION - CONSENT
It is the policy of the school to notify a parent/ guardian when a child is ill or needs medical attention. Occasionally we cannot contact the parents/ guardian and we may need to get immediate help for the Child. Our procedure is to take the child to the nearest emergency service.
- You hereby give authorisation to any member of the primary contact staff of the Czech and Slovak School of Sydney to:
- Seek urgent medical or dental treatment by a preferred doctor or dentist nominated by you, or other doctor or dentist.
- Take the student to a public hospital
- Use an ambulance service, or
- Take the assistance from some other person or body nominated by you as the parent or person responsible, for the student stated in the enrolment application, if the member is of the opinion that it is necessary to do so because the student has been injured, or is ill, whilst in attendance at the Czech and Slovak School of Sydney.
- You agree to pay for the ambulance service and any other expenses accrued in providing the student with emergency health care.
- You understand that if any treatment is sought or obtained that the Czech and Slovak School of Sydney will use every reasonable means to ensure that you are notified as soon as possible.
- You understand that none of the above affects the ability of a doctor or dentist to carry out emergency medical or dental treatment on my child without my consent.
All policies are also available in PDF format as part of Parent's Handbook.